Saturday, June 28, 2008

BAD DREAM

One night I woke up feeling cold and shivering not only because I slept on cold solid floor but also because of the nightmare I had that night.

I dreamt that I was chased by a gargantuan two-headed snake, with bloodshot eyes gleaming red like fire and with breath foul as the stench of a thousand dead corpses, down into a dark dead end tunnel that only had a single torch to light its path. Upon reaching the other end of that tunnel I nervously turned around and felt that the monstrous creature was drawing nearer and nearer each breath I took. Then, when the light from the torch touched its face I realized that the monster was the small pet snake I had just months ago. I fed, sheltered, and supported that creature but that night it was treacherously going after me. I could only scream in horror as the snake launched itself forward, bit me in the shoulder, and injected its venom into my body. I stumbled back into the wall, staggering from the pain the venom was causing me. Drowned from my body's screams of agony was my thought's own scream for death. The few seconds of pain felt like hell's eternity. Finally, mercy was mine as I grew numbed and cold then dropped to the floor in front of the monster I once loved. My life did not flashed before my eyes as what others have described when dying, but I instead was forced to stare at the monster that was once close to my heart until the very last ounce of air was drained from me. ... What a nightmare. I felt a cold shiver crawl down my skin after recalling it in my mind. I reassured myself, "Damgo ra to!" I stood up, folded the old newspaper with the headlines -
GLORIA MACAPAGAL-ARROYO WINS PRESIDENCY! - that served as my pillow, walked away, and was unable to sleep again that night.

Even up to now I sometimes lie awake at night wondering what does that nightmare mean.

3 comments:

adei said...

i like this one...nice pagkahimo....

zingerman said...

The zingerman is leaving a comment.

Here's the said comment. And he's leaving for now. He'll come back soon. You may catch up.

Continue writing...

loydo said...

tnx for the UN-compliment adei..hehe
tnx for dropping by zingerman..hehe