Friday, July 18, 2008

WHAT MATTERS TO PEOPLE

Early morning today, I was awaken by the noise the cars made as they zoom passed the sidewalk where I had spent the night. As usual I did my morning stretch ritual sitting down before pulling my self up. I then folded the cardboard boxes that had served as my bed and stooped down to pickup the plastic cup I had found last night that was still half full of coffee sitting on one of the benches in the middle of the city plaza. With eyes half closed, I poured down what's left inside the plastic cup expecting to taste a few drops of coffee, but to my surprise I tasted paper instead. "Salamat Lord, Jackpot!" I remarked. It was not just paper, it was money. Apparently, some good soul dropped a 50 peso bill into the plastic cup while I was sound asleep. The nerve, who are they to judge that I am a beggar asking for alms! Yes, I wear tattered, dirty, smelly, and rug-like clothes, but I do not intend to survived by just asking for charity. No, no, no. I am not like that ... But nonetheless before you can finished saying Philippines, I found myself in front of a famous fast food restaurant. ... To be continued..

3 comments:

Stanne said...

More, more! ASAP!

regina said...

ERR.
what next???

hehe

loydo said...

no more..hehehe brick wall ahead..hehe