Thursday, January 22, 2009

CONCERTO: Davao war diary

It's been awhile since I was able to watch an independent film. A couple of days ago I was forced to watch one because we were required to do so. Honestly, I was not all too happy about the idea, and truly expected the flick that I was about to watch to be no less than a waste of my precious (well spent - hehe) time.

(So? How was the film?)

The story of the movie as its title tells us, is about an experience of someone(two, three, or more) during a war that was fought involving a place called Davao(If you click this link you'll have an idea, of where and what Davao is). (I'm not liking my writing anymore.hehe)

Anyway, to STOP myself BEATING around la 'bush'. The movie, revealed to me some epiphanies. Well, not really, but anyway it was NOT boring as I had expected it to be. It was for me a pretty cool movie after all. BECAUSE the movie tells of a story of how a family, despite having their share of ill-fortune during a difficult time, did not lose their good values and in fact strengthen them and improved their characters. Of course, such stories could possibly only happen in fairly tales, but I'd still give a two thumbs up to the movie and to ALL those who are part of it, especially to the family if indeed they are not fictional and such events happened to them. Bravo!

So dear reader, if it's not too late, watch it at your favorite cinema, and if it is too late grab a copy(legal) as soon as you can.

If you want a better picture of CONCERTO. <- Click this.

No comments: